<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Coulda been worse, I suppose...

I actually went to my sister's this weekend and painted and the results were.....well, not spectacular. I don't know what I was expecting. Perhaps the moment I wielded the magic brush artistic ability would mystically flow through it?

It didn't help I'd had 2 glasses of wine on an empty stomach before we even started. I think the more paint I added, the worse it got. I was more or less going for a blurry, landscape-y, abstactish thing. I don't know what I got, but it actually looked better to me with sober eyes in the light of day. The jury is still out as to whether or not I'll use it for the hall. Maybe I should peruse some art books & give it another shot before I decide.

One thing I DID manage to do was to fleck paint all over my sister's pleather sofa. Opps. We didn't discover that until we returned from the store in our wine-induced mad rush for Ben & Jerry's after we decided we could (should?) paint no more. My sister painted her catoon-y trademark dragon, which came out quite cute. Not one for the hallway, but maybe nice for a kid's room.

I do think I'll do a bit of research to get some ideas & some technique tips & try my hand at it again in the future. It may not win any prizes, but it sure was fun!





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?