<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Great service for my money! NOT!

The best way I can describe my grocery store experience this afternoon is to share the letter I promptly wrote to the General Manager upon returning home. And a caveat: I know I'm not totally guilt-free in this situation, but SERIOUSLY!

Anyway:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

I wanted to take a moment to share an experience I had at your store this afternoon. I came in with my daughter about 5:30 p.m. to grab a few items and it was raining quite hard. Knowing I wouldn’t be long, I pulled under the grocery pick-up awning, over to the far left so I wouldn’t block the way and cars could easily get by.

When I was almost done shopping, a large, masculine older woman with dark hair approached me. She had seen me pull up (apparently outside smoking) and informed me that my car was “totally blocking the drive through” and that I needed to “move right now” while she held my cart at customer service. I was actually speechless, but did manage to tell her to leave my cart where it was. I almost felt bad for pulling in there until I went outside and saw that there were no other cars anywhere! I was expecting a 10-car pile-up based on the tone she used with me.

Granted, this is not traditional parking, and I’m not the type to use a handicap space, or even somewhere clearly marked “no parking”, but telling a customer with a small child to quit shopping, go out into a downpour (again, with small child) and move her car for no reason is absolutely ridiculous. I am in your store 2-4 times a week and spend hundreds of dollars. Perhaps I’m not your largest customer, but a regular one nonetheless. I came back to Price Chopper after your owner transition and stocking difficulties, but if this is how good customers are treated at your store, I will gladly give my business back to Hen House.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

_____________________________________________________

Am I wrong being ticked here? I mean, if I HAD caused a problem that would be a totally different story. For those of you who know me, love me and possess my email address, feel free to comment. Hen House has better discounts anyway....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?