<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

Nine Month Flu

W
ell....for those of you who HAVEN'T heard the riveting news yet....I've got it. Yup. The Nine Month Flu. Prego..knocked up.."expecting". What I'm REALLY expecting is six and a half more months of fatness and discomfort. I hate to cast a dark shadow over a happy event, but I don't make a happy, glowing pregnant lady. I'm a frumpy, grumpy fat pregnant lady.

Granted, in regards to the "fat" part I have no one to blame but myself. But let me explain. I consider myself a pretty social person. I like to get all "cute" and meet the girls out for a cocktail (or six) on occasion. Well, that just doesn't happen when you're prego. So far, I've gained a pound for every week pregnant I am. So far. I'm sure that will pick up using a brisk pace any day now. Here's my problem: I feel sorry for myself. The solution? Induldge! Can't drink? Chocolate! Clothes don't fit? Cake! Feet swollen? Ice Cream should bring that pesky swelling down! Why not? 50 lbs. later into my first pregnancy I realized that I now have ANOTHER reason to feel sorry for myself. I'M FAT! I was looking at my daughter's first birthday pics the other day, and I will give myself props for getting all the goo off by then, but jeeeez! One zillion Myoplex Lite shakes later (plus a personal trainer to kick my ass), I dropped down to a lower weight than I was to begin with.

Gee, I have such a clear recollection of my errors the FIRST time...SURELY I learned my lesson, right? Um, yeah. This is the girl that freaked out if she missed the gym more than 2 days in a row. Now it's like, "gym?" oh, yeah...I remember that place! Stellar idea! I'll put that on my "to do" list! Meet ya there! Right after my nappy. Hopefully both my energy AND motivation will pick up soon. Right now, eating and sleeping are TOP priority and forcing myself to lift weights and aerobicise sounds about as good as a root canal.

I suppose as long as I make 80% of my food choices healthy ones, it all washes out in the end, right? I understand there's calcium in chocolate AND ice cream. Knock, knock. Who's there? A bonus!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?