<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 01, 2004

Yeah for me!

I got up extra early on Saturday, drove to this weird Revival Church and GOT MY DAMN FLU SHOT! After searching the web for awhile last week, I stumbled upon this location which did not appear to be highly publicized elsewhere. I got there an hour early (8 a.m.) and actually got my flu shot around 9:05 a.m. The church folk were nice enough. A bit odd, though. I overheard one gawky young gentleman telling one of the retirees about the miraculous healings their church has been performing of late. I guess I'll keep that in mind. They also handed out literature to people in line. Nice thought I guess, but I was just lucky my head didn't start spinning around when I walked into the place. Sorry, folks..not here for your kooky religion....just gimme the damn shot! I'm exaggerating...I've been making an effort to take my daughter to a less scary-weird church on Sundays for Sunday school. It's just an introduction more than anything. When she gets older, we'll discuss different religions & let her draw her own conclusions. Lord knows I gleaned NOTHING from my many Sundays at Sunday school.

ANYWAY...now I can forget about THAT mess, finally. I'm just sorry I couldn't get a shot for my daughter, but she does not fall into any "high-risk" categories. On the other hand, if I got the flu, then gave it to her (or vice versa) we'd all be screwed. My husband's schedule is not flexible enough to take care of TWO sick people, much less one. At least I bought a little protection in case my daughter did get sick...God forbid!

Halloween was what you'd expect...lots of sugar and whining by the end of the night. My daughter portrayed a lovely Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) complete with long blond wig, which she kept tossing about in a very Cher-like manner. We met some friends at their church for a giant halloween party, complete with clowns, games & trick-or-treating & still made it home in time to hit up the neighbors...although the cold & rain brought my husband & daughter back in earlier than expected. Since we didn't get home until about 7:30, I think we missed most of our trick-or-treaters. We had about 7 or 8 show up. And guess what? I bought ALOT more candy than that. Oh, wait...NOW I remember! THIS is where the annual sugar fest begins...and ceases to end until Valentine's Day. At least this year I have an excuse!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?