Thursday, March 17, 2005

Still here!

Sorry for the absence. There's not really too much going on. Each day is pretty much like the last one. Guess that's par for the course on maternity leave, huh? The baby is still doing great. His first doctor's appointment is tomorrow. Our only real health concern is his tongue. The little thingy underneath his tongue extends all the way to the tip. So, basically, he can't stick his tongue out. It turns out my husband also had that problem as a baby, only they discovered his at the hospital when he was five weeks old. He was "failing to thrive". They just clip it, I guess. The baby's eating fine, but I worry about speech problems down the road. Weird.

My husband is going out with his friends today for St. Patrick's Day. I guess he felt guilty, because he volunteered to take all of the night feedings last night. Well...OK!!! Some of my friends are going out, too, but I have to pass due to my husband's plans. I actually feel up to going out, but I literally have nothing to wear. I guess I got rid of all of my fat clothes from before, thinking I'd never need them again. I had to break down and go to Old Navy to buy some comfy lounge pants and a baggy sweatshirt just to have something to wear in public. Doh! I know, I'll have to go buy a couple of items to get me over the hump. It just pains me to spend money on clothes I won't wear very long (kinda like maternity clothes!).

I'm still not crazy, just yet! Isn't that good news? Every now & then I think about how my schedule will be AFTER maternity leave & I get a little freaked out. I have a few months of DOUBLE daycare, and then my daughter starts Kindergarten in August. Organization is not one of my strong points, so hopefully the new schedules won't make me too nuts. Hopefully....

Anyway, I forgot to mention on my last entry that my husband bought me incredibly expensive diamond earrings that he presented to me in the hospital right after I gave birth. Granted, I had previously mentioned (OK, more than once) how another friend of mine got diamonds after the birth of EACH of her children. Sooo.......? So, he needed a little prodding, but really came through! Isn't that nice? They are very lovely little hoop style with diamonds running down the fronts. Practical for everyday wear. And then to top THAT off, he did night feedings exclusively for the first two weeks. Man, either he really loves me or he's just DYING to finally get some! Poor bastard.

Today I plan to hop on my exercise bike for the first time. I've been taking walks, but I feel ready to take it up a notch. This fat ain't gonna melt itself! I "feel" up to going to the gym, but again...nothing to wear. Plus, there's that old joke about being too fat to go to the gym. That's kinda where I'm at right now. I need to do some things at home first, plus get some clothes (the camouflaging variety, preferably) before I can show my face there again. Ironic, huh? At least I'm not permanently attached to the couch right now...could be worse.

OK, now I'm just rambling...so I'll give ya'll another update later!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?