<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 25, 2005

Sunrise, Sunset

Oh, goodness. Is it weird that I feel old with a newborn baby at home? Or maybe that should MAKE me feel old. I dunno. I had to go out and buy some fat clothes so I don't have to wear PJ's in public. I'll be ready to hit the gym again soon. I want to see all of this goo melt off. Boy, it is NOT EASY to get these pounds off either. I've done it before, so I guess I'll do it again. I'm so freakin' tired right now, I can't imagine actually working out. It may kill me.

Another main reason I feel old is my darling daughter. The first thing was the sign up for Kindergarten. Oh my God...my child is entering the school system. Seriously..it makes me reel. This really is a new chapter in her life...and mine. To PTA or not to PTA, that is the question. The other thing that really marks the passing of time was what happened in the grocery store yesterday. She was working on a lollipop she had gotten from daycare when all of a sudden she SQUEALED! MY TOOTH!!!! She had bitten down hard enough on her sucker to make her bottom tooth loose! At first she looked petrified, then when I put a thick sugar coating all over it (OH...yea! What a big girl you are! You're going to lose your first tooth! This is soooo exciting!) the tears dried up and it became a big, exciting deal. She told the cashier on our way out and then asked me to make her a sign announcing the development. (snicker!!) My husband took her to daycare this morning and had to nix her invitation to classmates to "feel her loose tooth". Yeah...that's what she needs...12 grubby hands IN HER MOUTH. He told her SHE could wiggle it while the others watched. Good call, honey.

My husband goes back to work next week, and I'm a bit bummed. I've been spoiled, as he has been doing the early morning feedings PLUS getting my daughter ready for school and taking her there. Now, I'll have to DO IT ALL. This means no more PJ's until 2 p.m. I know, I know...boo hoo. I guess it's good to start getting into a more normal routine anyway. I have four more weeks off. When I go back to work, I'll be hitting the gym every morning...sleep or no sleep, so this will be a good exercise in "morning organization". Sigh. I really should refrain from thinking too far ahead, though. I have a tendency to blow things out of proportion in my head and make them more daunting than they actually are. So for today, anyway..it's PJ's until 2 p.m. I'll worry about tomorrow...tomorrow!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?