<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fryin' Eggs

It is SO flippin' hot outside right now I could just keel over. The bad news is, with all this "work" I have to do now, I have no choice but to be out schlepping around in it! Ick.

Last weekend I had a nice girls trip to the lake. This one was only for the big girls, though. We enjoyed a free-wheeling weekend of drunken debauchery (within reason, natch). Since it is not possible for me to leave town without some ailment or another, the lucky cootie this weekend was something that ACTED like Strep throat, but didn't respond to medication. Awesome. I had big oozy white spots on my tonsils and it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. The GOOD news is that enough painkillers paired with alcohol really DOES make you forget your troubles! Among those troubles being your abused, squishy liver of course. It is finally clearing up today...thank God!

The first day of school is just around the corner. My daughter is excited to begin first grade, but I'm sure she'll miss summer camp, too. On Monday she swam far enough to earn her "12 foot bracelet", which means she can jump off of the diving board and use the water slide. What a little fish! Last night her camp had an assembly, where we were entertained by a little skit done by the 5 and 6 year old groups. They also handed out awards to some of the kids, and my daughter landed the "Most Athletic Girl" award for her age group. Yeah! Soooo much better than "Best Camper" or "Most Fashionable"! She's been making all kinds of strides this summer, well on her way to becoming a really good kid. We're so proud! Now if we can only control her smart lip, she'll really be a dream come true!

Comments:
re: strep throat - I had that happen to me earlier this summer! Freaky! I think it was due to a lengthy exposure to cigar smoke at Harry's Country club.

re: your daughter - Too funny! Hey, better to have a Smart Lip than a HareLip, right? ;-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?