<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 11, 2006

Decor-fest 2006 Year-End Wrap Up

Why, oh why, when I have 866,512 other things to do, do I decide I need to trade my own spaces? I think being under pressure gets my creative juices flowing. Rather than using said juices to get my actual priorities in order, I like to blow things off and just do other stuff instead. Like my bathroom. And basement. And plan my master bath. Garrrrr.

This past weekend I busted my ass re-doing my guest bathroom. It has been beige, and boring and uninspired for, oh, 6 years or so. As it turns out, I just needed to wait six years for inspiration to strike. It's a tiny room with a stand-up corner shower (I call it my mother-in-law bathroom). My husband was afraid of my concept, but as usual, he was thrilled with the end result. I painted the 8' knock down ceiling deep ruby red, and then worked a thin brown glaze into the crevices. The walls are very dark brown (Turkish Coffee, to be exact). The wood cabinets are now white, and we put up a wide crown molding. I also replaced all the hardware including my towel bar and T.P. holder. I got a lovely magnolia painting for the wall. I still need a few other decor items, but it's done for the most part. Yeahhh! New bathroom!

My husband I are re-working our basement/bar layout in order to accommodate a flat-panel TV and an electric fireplace. He asks for my opinions, but that one is his baby! I also semi-stole an idea from my sister regarding bathroom decor. She's re-doing one of her bathrooms and had ordered some tile samples. One that she's not using caught my eye, so I think I'll order a bunch of it to put on a couple of walls in my master bath which is already mint green and periwinkle blue. My own private spa! Aaaah. My husband was thrilled there was no painting involved with that plan, but did go on to say "I will not be doing any grouting". Well...OK then.

I don't know why, but it is very satisfying to imagine a project and then see it realized. Well, that's the decor wrap up for '06. Much more to come in '07!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?