<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Eureka! I'm back!

Sorry. I know I'm generally unreliable about posting, but it took FOREVER for Google Help to get me back into my blogger account. But, LOOK! I'm IN!

So back to business: My new yoga studio plans are coming along nicely. We bumped our opening date back to January, as we were getting dangerously close to opening around the holidays. We needed more time to collect bids from contractors to bid our build-out. Hey, did you know that many contractors are shysters? You did? Well, sometimes it takes me awhile. We should get our last 2 bids this week and be able to make a decision. Fortunately, we have the coolest landlord on the planet, so he is good with the delay. My partner and I are VERY anxious to get moving with this. We've been doing loads of grass-roots marketing and we have a large "free class" coupon promotion planned for the area's trick-or-treaters. I joined the Chamber and have plans to make nice ASAP. That is, when I can fit it in.

I have a conundrum. I am SO busy with my full time job (it takes loads of time running around collecting signatures...how professional!) that I am not sure how I am going to be able to juggle both jobs once we are open. I keep waiting for the crystal ball to show up. Y'know...the one that will tell me how long it will be until the business is profitable enough (for me, plus a partner) to be able to quit the corporate gig. My head is about to explode and we're still months away from even being open. I know it will all work out, but DAMN am I impatient! It's the cross I must bear.

The kids are great. Second grade has been...a challenge for my daughter. She can hack the work, no problem. It's the 'social' issues she is working on mastering. Namely, keeping her big yapper shut and paying attention. She has been called out by the teacher so many times for talking, I have lost count. She's been better in the last couple weeks.

And the boy. Oh...boy. Potting training is FUN! Pooping in the potty is NOT. Again...a work in progress. He is also the most strong willed child EVER. My daughter was a challenge, but when you throw the "boy" aspect into it, damn.

So that's it for now. My posts will be more exciting once our awesome project is physically under way. Til then!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?