<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Vendetta

My husband says "Didn't you hear me screaming like a little girl out there? I was all.."no". When really I was thinking "again?" He was out front sitting on a the porch bouncing a ball, watching our daughter in the kiddie pool....when ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!!!!!!.....he was stung in BOTH legs by wasps. That's gonna leave a mark.

We discovered a HUGE wasp's nest right underneath the chair on our front porch. My husband knocked it down, sprayed it, and then stepped in it. He STEPPED on it. It was at that moment that a TORRENT of wasp goo shot forth onto the front porch. Eggs, larvae, Queen..you name it. Geeeee-rossse.

Later that afternoon my husband trots off to work with instructions to go to Home Depot or "somewhere" and buy several cans of bug spray.

I spent the rest of the day dodging VERY mad wasps learning their home was GONE. I got about 5 or 6, but I'm not sure the war is over. These guys are not among the "oh, well" variety. Oh, no. It can't be THAT easy.

I started this post like 9 days ago and am just now getting back to it. SINCE the aforementioned incident, I have received my wasp traps and so far....nothing. I may have the wrong kind of bait in them, but I haven't caught one damn wasp in 4 days!

The good news is that it actually looks kind of nice hanging on my front porch, so there's that.

Anyway, back to doing all my cheesy "prep" work before my manager comes into town tomorrow. I just COULDN'T be more excited. The little game I'll be playing with myself is called "See how long it takes her to say something about the raise they promised me and then reneged on". I'll give her about 2 hours.

Comments:
They flaked on your raise?? That's b*llsh*t!!

Also, regarding the wasps? I am getting itchy just reading about this. Spiders don't bother me, but anything with wings? FREAKS ME OUT.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?